We love making fried rice, its a great way to clean out your fridge of those random vegetables, leftover rice, and leftover salmon! You can basically through whatever you want in and its going to be delicious. Here is a little "recipe" that we like to use, no exact measurements and definitely customizable to your own tastebuds and supplies! Our Wild Alaskan Salmon adds some delicious flavor and awesome nutrition to this very simple meal!
Ingredients: Whatever you want! Lots of veggies, here's what we like :) - 1/2 onion - sliced carrot - broccoli - peas - bean sprouts - fresh ginger - garlic (lots of garlic) - water chestnuts - baby corn - celery - cashews - 2 eggs - sesame oil - Bragg's amino acids (or soy sauce) - fresh lime juice - jasmine rice - 1/2 filet or 1 portion of Willbros Wild Salmon
Keep it Wild!! Know the difference between farmed and wild salmon and support sustainable, wild fisheries!
• Thaw your salmon under cold water and preheat your oven to 425˚. Season your salmon with a little bit of sesame oil, a bit of amino acids or soy sauce, some fresh lime juice, garlic salt, and pepper. Bake in foil for 12-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
• Prepare your rice on the stovetop or in a rice cooker, how much depends on your audience and amount of other veggies (anywhere from 1-4 cups).
• Sauté your veggies in a large wok or pan with a bit of sesame oil starting with your onion, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, carrot, etc. until all your veggies are cooked and soft (leaving out the eggs and cashews).
• Breakup your cooked salmon into small chunks and add with your rice to the veggie mixture, stirring until evenly combined.
• Push your fried rice to the sides of the wok or pan leaving a space in the middle, like a donut. Adding a bit of oil if necessary, crack your eggs into the middle. Once the clear liquid starts to turn white begin to mix the eggs and rice together and continue to cook until the eggs are fully done throughout.
• Garnish with chopped cashews if you want and season with more amino acids or soy sauce and enjoy!